Monday, August 20, 2018

Caldwell, ID 8/13 - 8/19

We're leaving our beautiful spot in McCall, Idaho and heading to Caldwell, Idaho.


What a fun RV park in Caldwell.  They bring "fresh off the vine "produce into the office daily.  Its free for the taking!!
 
We had to scrunch our schedule in Caldwell.  When we booked this trip we did not know that the usual N.J. family September celebration party was being moved to August!!  We played 3 courses in 3 days.  We enjoyed Timberstone the most, but these views at Riverbend are the most blog worthy!

We always share our wonderful experiences, but rarely do we run into one that just does not 'hit the mark."  We bought tickets for a dinner performance of Murder at the Deadwood Saloon.  The baby back ribs dinner was great.  But the play was so bad we left as soon as we finished eating.  Sometimes you have to experience the bad ones to appreciate all the good ones!!
 
The party for my Dad's 95th, my step-mother Marlene's 75th and their 45th anniversary was just amazing!!  I arrived late Friday night and my wonderful daughter had some pizza waiting for me when I got to the hotel!!   Saturday morning after breakfast it was pool tine for the boys.  I brought loads of pool toys.  My teenage granddaughters slept in!
 
The party was at my brother Elliot, and his beautiful wife Jill's home.  Here is my daughter Eden, Josh and my grandsons in front of Elliot and Jill's house.  The other side has my son Nate, his girlfriend, Gill and my granddaughters.
 
I am sure the photographers photos will be better but this is the best I have right now.  Here is a collage of the family photos. The photo on the left is with the "greats" - the great grandchildren.  The top photo, the largest group is with the grandchildren.  And bottom one is just "the kids - and I'm the oldest kid!!!
 
As my grandchildren live on opposite coasts, it is a rare occurrence to have all four of them together!   Here is my favorite photo!
 
The food was amazing - sister-in-law, Jill knocked the ball out of the park on food. The setting was perfect, but without a doubt the speeches celebrating these two wonderful people were the highlight of the evening.  Every speech/toast, even though there was no collaboration, highlighted the positive attitude of our parents.  For my toast I wrote a typical phone call with my Dad.  Eden played me in a golf cap and Nate played my Dad in a WWII Veterans cap.   I wish I had a video of it as my son can  imitate my Dad so well!!  At the end my stepmom and Dad gave us their thanks in their own toasts!!
 
The grand finale was an amazing display of desserts highlighted by the special cake and these decadent chocolate cake pops!!
 
That's it for our stop in Caldwell, Idaho.  Now, its on to Winnemuca, Nevada!
 


 
 


 








No comments: