Here are some of our memories of the Tennis Tournaments.
Mark and I played in the Palm Creek Cancer Awareness Tennis Tournament. We played gender matched doubles as well as mixed doubles. We both medaled in the mixed doubles. This tournament has a random draw for partners. I played with Steve Allen and Mark played with Rita Yates.
Mark and Steve Land (not shown) won the gold medal in Men's Doubles in the Palm Creek Tennis Tournament. This was a close match against Skip and Walt. I'm not sure if this shot was helpful but it sure shows an interesting jump!
But, here is a shot of Mark in great form with his partner Steve.
Mark also served as one of the tennis instructors. Yup, the first two are Skip and Walt that Mark played against in the tennis tournament. On the other side of Mark are Rhoda and Bob.
Yes, I also played in the tennis tournament, but sad to say my partner Marion and I did not medal and Mark did not get a photo. I do however have a shot that means a lot to us. After the tournament was over, the tennis club gave us this wonderous gift basket to thank us for our efforts.
No comments:
Post a Comment