Monday, November 16, 2015

Saint George, Utah - October 15 - November 15

We always love stopping in St. George on our journey back to "winter quarters" in Arizona.  We knew we were in for a great stop when we are greeted with a rainbow at Valdera Golf Course.



When its hot outside we have great success going to higher elevations.  You can tell by Mark's long pants and layers that we got a little too aggressive when we went to Cedar Ridge Golf Course in Cedar City.  By the end of 18 holes I was freezing!


I had a great time at the Line Dancing Halloween parties.  Naturally, I don't carry costumes in the RV.  When I was asking for ideas one of my deep water aerobics friends, Chris McArthur volunteered her M&Ms costume.  I had a bag full of snack size of M&Ms and I did a reverse trick or treat as I gave out candy!  My costume was a co-winner  - see my little straw girl prize.  Also a photo with my RVing line dancing friend, Marcia.  Years ago, Marcia stayed at Palm Creek RV Resort in Arizona.  I actually met her in an RV park in McCall, Idaho.  That's how RVers collect friends!!

 
We played several fun courses, but one of the more picturesque is Sky Mountain with the majestic rock ledges.
 
 

We are always catching up with RV friends.  A few days after we arrived, our friends from Edmenton, Alberta ,Joanne and Odean Lemay, pulled into the campground.  We winter with them on the same street in the Arizona RV Park.  We had a fun dinner at one of our favorites, Anasazi Steak House.  They sear your steak on an extremely hot piece of lava rock.  Then you just cut it and cook it as you like it.  This soup was incredible.


Another of our favorites when we stay in St. George is Sand Hollow golf course.  The course has beautiful Utah orange bunkers and a very unique layout.


Yup, that rainbow was surely an omen.  Odean and Joanne had just left and the next day there is a knock on the door and its our Calgary, Alberta friends Bernie and Joan, our neighbors from Arizona.  They just pulled into the park and are staying for a week!!  We grabbed dinner and at 9pm Joan and I headed to the Sand Hollow Aquatic Center for her to try Paddleboard Yoga.  We both had a great time and we went back every chance we got during their stay.


Bernie's favorite color and his entire wardrobe seems to be orange.  So, we had to take them out to San Hollow as we knew Bernie would love the color of the sand bunkers.  The problem is that when he is in the bunker you find yourself saying "Where is Bernie?"


We had great fun playing the par three on the back nine.  Here are some of the tee shots.  But, the only two balls in the photo of the green are Joan's and mine!!  The ladies ruled!!


In addition to the contrasting colors of the orange bunkers and the green grass you have some amazing views of the nearby mountain ranges.


We also played Coral Canyon, another beautiful golf course.  Here are the "we were there" photos.


Joan and I used our Dixie Direct Cards and went to deep water aerobics every morning.  How could you not take advantage of two for $3.50!!!  The water is deep and the instructors are terrific.  While Bernie and Joan were in St. George we went to Tuachan Theater to see The Fab Four Tribute Band.  A fun night of Beatles songs with the audience using the flashlight on their phones to sway with the music.

 
Joan and Bernie headed out and I had a bad day.  I took the car out and the light came on telling me the right rear tire was low.  Luckily I pulled into a service station to fill it up with air and the right rear tire was fine.  The guy from the station pointed out that my problem was the left front tire.  When the dealership in Carson City rotated the tires they forgot to reassign the tire locations.  We had to get a new tire because the damage was too close to the edge.  Oh well, stuff happens.
 
 

Its time to leave but here is our slot with my straw girl trophy decorating our site.


Now we are on our way to Palm Creek Golf and RV Resort in Casa Grande, AZ. 

No comments: