Friday, October 9, 2015

Lake Tahoe - September 11 and October 8th

It is a reasonable drive from Minden, Nevada to Lake Tahoe so we made two trips during our stay. 

First trip included lunch, golf at Carson Valley golf course and dinner at Soule Domain.  Mark found this great restaurant, Blue Angel Cafe for lunch.  We ate outside on the lawn.  It was just perfect!



I have to say, I was not a big fan of Lake Tahoe Golf Course.  I was the only woman on the course and once we played it I knew why.  The distances to make it over the hazards is well beyond the distance most women can hit the ball.

 
Dinner at Nephele was absolutely amazing but, sadly and surprisingly, I don't have a good photo.
 
On October 8th we just had to go back to play golf at Northstar Golf Course.  My son is on the Ski Patrol there.  You can see the fall colors starting to pop!
 
 
From the golf course we had great views of the ski runs.  I went to San Francisco in March of 2016 and we spent the weekend in Tahoe.  I thought it would make an interesting comparison to see the runs before the snow falls compared to snow covered.  They are not from the same line of sight but I think you can see the runs that form the "V" in all the shots.
 
 
We had a great day and trip advisor didn't let us down with the #1 rated restaurant in the area: Gar Woods
 
 
Naturally, we sat out on the deck and thoroughly enjoyed the stunning view of Lake Tahoe!!
 


 The dinner was superb, but nothing can compare with these Oreo Cookie Beignets!! 
 
 
As we were leaving the lake we were treated to one of the most spectacular sunsets I have ever witnessed.  Here are a few in progression so you can experience the change in colors as the sun sets.
 


 


And a silhouette "we were there" photo.

 
Now, its on to Great Basin National Park.
 
 

No comments: