Thursday, December 5, 2013

90th, 70th and 40th - 9/27 -9/29

We had some very special 2013 events in my family.  My Dad's 90th birthday, my step mother Marlene's 70th and their 40th Anniversary.  To celebrate this amazing milestone, the four siblings (my brother Elliot, step sister Beth and step brother Bryan and I) sponsored a celebration party.

All of my children and grandchildren came in from Boston and San Francisco to help celebrate!  We found a hotel with a water park and the kids just loved it.

My granddaughters and my oldest grandson loved all the slides and water toys.  But, I think my youngest grandson, Drake enjoyed it the most.  My daughter brought along a tube that has a mesh seat in it and we put him in the baby pool.  He is only 9 months old and not yet walking, but in the baby pool his feet touched the bottom of the pool and he could walk!!  He is one happy camper playing in the pool with his cousins Avery and Chase.
 
My Dad and Step-mom Marlene put on a family party on Friday night.  Don't they look great!!!
 
It was a fantastic party and a wonderful chance for everyone to visit with all the family that came in from out of town.
 
 
As always, Grandma couldn't arrive without gifts for the grandkids.  My grandson Atticus loved the Police Car I got for him.
 
 
Avery and Chase loved all of their books and toys as well. They are both holding onto a cozy plush that Chase named Homer Horse.
 


And we started the special events celebration with a wonderful celebration cake

On Saturday, my granddaughters Avery and Chase took advantage of the proximity to Philadelphia and they went to see the Liberty Bell and Betsy Ross's house.

Eden and Josh took the boys to the Touch it Museum but I don't have any photos.

Then it was Sunday and the big celebration party.  You can see the real "party animal" Drake - he just wasn't ready to party yet.

My step sister Beth did the lion's share of the work and she did an "over the top" excellent job.  From these amazing and delicious (and I tried out every one and they were scrumptious) centerpieces...
 
...To the fabulous menu

I took photos of all the food, but here is my favorite...the three desserts you got to choose from.  The sad part was that I enjoyed so many of the chocolate covered sweets on the centerpiece that I couldn't even try one of these!
But the sweetest is this shot of my two adorable granddaughters with their very proud great grandpa!!

 
Another favorite is this one of me with my youngest grandson and my youngest granddaughter. Aren't they just the cutest!!!


Here is the best family photo I have of my daughter Eden with her husband Josh and Atticus and Drake.


But, Molly did get a great photo of my son, Nate, his wife Molly and Avery and Chase.

We were all heading out on Monday so Sunday night we all got together for one last family get together.  Sadly I don't have a photo of me and my grandchildren - I didn't even get one with all of my grandchildren in one shot - what was I thinking???  But here are my last shots of Atticus and Drake enjoying the goodbye stomp rocket gift from Grandma!

And the "sandwich" goodbye that Avery and Chase got from Uncle Josh.


It was a very busy time but everyone had a great time and hopefully it won't be too long before we all get together again!

No comments: