Friday, April 20, 2012

Palm Creek Golf & RV Resort - 11/15/11- 5/1/12

Its been a fun season at Palm Creek but before we leave it is time to post some of the highlights from this season.

We started the New Year with a fun New Year's Eve Celebration at Simon and Kathleen's with lots of food and lots of fun.  Leanne and I put all the pieces of this party together and we really enjoyed our little project!









The Friday Ladies golf group at San Miguel Golf Club was loads of fun and we finally had one Friday with all of the regulars on the course!!  Mark and I played two San Miguel Golf Tournaments with our new neighbors Janet and Terry.  Mark won closet to the pin in the first tournament and our team took second place in the second tournament.  The four of us enjoyed our gift certificates with a delicious Prime Rib Dinner at the golf club!





Tennis was alot of fun.  I played in the Palm Creek Tennis Tournament with Sieny Kouwenhoven and we did very well but we didn't win a medal and I don't even have a photo.  But I do have a photo of Saturday Night at the Courts.  Mark and Bev won the competition and a great time was had by all!







We played in the Palm Creek Cancer Awareness Tennis Tournament and the Golf Tournament but no photos from those.  But I do have photos from Par tee golf at Franciso Grande Golf Course that my good friend Arlene organized.









At the end of the Season Annual Meeting the Tennis Club had a very nice thank you led by Gwen Black and Marion Gavin - Mark and I really appreciated all of the "thanks" we received for all our efforts to make Palm Creek Tennis something special.







Its not just golf and tennis, there is lots to see and do in Palm Creek.  There was lots of line dancing and lots of happy hours especially with the new patio heaters Mark and I and Joanne and Odean bought!  Arlene and I went to Broadway Palms and enjoyed an evening with the Palm Creek Chorus.  Leanne and I went over to Sharon's and made amazing sidewinder bead bracelets.  And, then there is the local color in this photo - okay Simon's car may not be native to Arizona but its a fun photo!





Its time to say goodbye to our winter home and head out on the 2012 Tour.  This year we are going to head up through California with visits to Simi Valley to see the Reagan library then on to San Francisco to watch my granddaughters while my son and daughter-in-law go on a 10th Anniversary get away.  From there we head to central Oregon, central Washington and Idaho before heading back down to Arizona.

No comments: